After reviewing the Natasha Denona Sunset Palette for you a while again, lately, I’ve the evaluation of the LILA Palette. When this palette used to be to begin with introduced, I were given tremendous excited – purples do this to me. But the extra I noticed this, the extra hesitant I were given as it didn’t look like a cohesive palette to me and a bit of too cool toned for my liking. And then I noticed a video via Jamie Paige (a Canadian YouTuber) who did three appears to be like with this palette and I actually ordered it straight away. It took some time to succeed in me and I after all were given this final week. So, the entire week has been busy with attempting this, the Tarte Tartelette Toasted Palette and the Marc Jacobs Eyeconic Palette in Provocouture – which I reviewed for you previous this week. And I’m after all able to check the opposite two. Back-to-back eyeshadow palette opinions will also be rather daunting and laborious – however right here it is going…
Price: USD 129
A palette that includes 15 logo new stunning eye shadow sunglasses in a mixture of heat and funky violets, plums, and fuchsias—absolute best for each pores and skin tone.
What it does:
Inspired via her love for the pink colour scale, Natasha created the Lila Eyeshadow Palette simply in time for Fall. This must-have palette contains all 4 vintage eye shadow textures in her signature chroma crystal, creamy matte, steel, and leading edge duo chrome finishes. Use the velvety sunglasses on my own or layer in combination for head-turning, flexible eye appears to be like for day or evening.
This palette accommodates:
15 x Eye shadow in Per Se (matte medium smoky purple-grey), Viola (steel medium fuchsia-violet), Amara (matte medium brown-berry), Cyclone (duo chrome bronze/copper with red spotlight), Nude Vino (matte medium nude-grape), Layla (steel darkish gray mauve), Amethyst (steel medium brilliant violet), Magnetic (steel medium brilliant fuchsia), Magnolia (chroma crytals mild heat champagne), Nude (matte mauve medium), Juneau (sheer steel mild lavender), Livid (duo chrome medium lilac with silver-blue spotlight), Puprure (steel medium burgundy), Dragon Bite (duo chrome medium purple with inexperienced spotlight), Helio (steel mild pastel nude rose)
What it’s formulated WITHOUT:
How To Use:
-Use with an eye fixed shadow brush or fingertips.
My Experience with Natasha Denona LILA Palette:
Packaging: The palette comes packaged in a white cardboard external – similar to her Five-pan palettes. The field has the entire data bearing on the names of the shadows and the components. The print on it’s in pink – not like the Sunset palette which used to be golden. The field itself is lacklustre. Coming to the palette, this is a mixture of plastic and rubberized foam with a pink pretend leather-based external which has the emblem identify and palette identify embossed on it. While the outer packaging turns out strong sufficient, I might no longer suggest travelling with it since the shadows themselves are extraordinarily cushy. The palette has a magnetic closure which is far favored. It has a decent-sized just right high quality reflect. The shadows and the reflect are separated via a plastic sheath which has the entire color names and codes discussed on it. The sheath is hooked up to the palette however can simply be torn away if you’re so vulnerable since the hooked up portion is perforated for simple detachment.
The palette used to be launched rather a while again and I believe that I’ve wasted numerous time coming to a choice. But making an allowance for the price of it, you truly must weigh it out. This is an enduring palette within the line and pink themed – pushed house via the detailing at the cardboard external field, the pink quilt of the palette and the sunglasses itself. Why LILA? Derived from the phrase Lilac, Lila approach pink in Dutch, German or even Spanish.
What used to be protecting me again? Like I discussed, I felt that the palette used to be too cool toned. And sure, I do know, while you first take a look at it, you notice some truly heat gold and coppery sunglasses. And you might marvel what I’m speaking about!! But, the cool vibe of the palette in truth comes from the matte transition sunglasses. I’m ok with running with cool tones however nonetheless desire hotter (or impartial) sunglasses as transition ones. If you glance intently, you’ll see 2 sunglasses within the palette, which might most certainly paintings as transition sunglasses and either one of them are rather cool toned. Another level which used to be protecting me again used to be that even supposing there may be rather a variety of colors within the palette – cool, heat and jewel toned, the color vary is rather medium – with just one mild color (which is shimmery) and no longer a unmarried truly darkish matte color to carry the palette in combination.
So, why did I purchase it?
1. Firstly, I assumed it used to be time to experiment out of my convenience zone and provides the cool toned transitions an opportunity. The ‘Rule Book’ says that heat toned women will have to persist with heat toned reds. And but, MAC Ruby Woo is one of the standard MAC Red round.
2. If I’m spending this large an quantity on a palette, why am I in need of the similar sunglasses as I have already got in different palettes or as singles? If I am getting 15 other sunglasses – other from what I have already got, then it makes extra sense to splurge at the product than to get the similar sunglasses once more.
three. Thirdly, together with the second one level, be open to the theory of the usage of some fundamental sunglasses from some other palette or singles that I’ve, in conjunction to this. Every palette does no longer should be cohesive, particularly whether it is at that worth level. Why would I wish to waste four of the 15 sunglasses on this palette via being the similar peach, mild brown, terracotta sunglasses once more? Use a fundamental four color impartial quad with it.
four. Fourthly, what if the truth that it doesn’t have too many mild sunglasses or too many deep darkish matte sunglasses is via design? What if this palette is supposed to paintings together with the Sunset Palette which has numerous variation anyway. This very concept really spurred me on. And I used to be tremendous excited to take a look at a mixture of those. It can be like having a 30-pan prolonged model of Coloured Raine Queen of Hearts palette!
Five. Also, the palette appeared to have some truly distinctive sunglasses and I used to be truly prepared to take a look at them.
6. Lastly, the video via Jamie Paige truly showcased the number of appears to be like which may be created via simply this palette. And I used to be bought!
Natasha Denona shadows are available a lot of finishes, Five to be actual and the color identify is suffixed via the abbreviation of the end. So, those are the next finishes:
1. CM stands for Creamy Matte
2. M stands for Metallic
three. DC stands for Duochrome
four. Ok stands for Chroma Crystal
Five. S stands for Satin end
So, allow us to get on with it and speak about the sunglasses and their high quality, personally:
1. Per Se 135CM: This is a medium pink toned taupe-grey color with a creamy matte end. The texture truly is easy and creamy. The color wears extra pink than it appears to be like within the pan. This is likely one of the sunglasses I used to be relating to after I discussed the cool toned sunglasses which may well be used for transition. It has superb pigmentation and is straightforward to paintings with.
2. Viola 136M: This is a medium cool toned berry pink color with a pearly sheen. It has just right pigmentation and is creamy easy in texture. The color is fairly dense however will also be picked up via the comb and transferred onto the surface.
three. Amara 137CM: This a medium to deep rosy purple brown with heat undertones and a creamy matte end. The color is exceptionally easy in texture and very finely milled. It had just right pigmentation and is straightforward to paintings with.
four. Cyclone 138DC: This is a medium bronze color with a red duochrome shift. Quite lovely to take a look at however has a denser texture. This ends up in it making use of higher with palms or a humid brush, moderately than a dry flat brush. Once on, it’s truly lovely. I’ve used it within the Look 2 within the center 1/third of my lid.
Five. Nude Vino 139CM: This is a deep brown color with impartial undertone. It has just right pigmentation and is straightforward to paintings with. The texture is in keeping with the opposite sunglasses – finely milled and very easy and blendable.
6. Layla 140M: A deep cool-toned brown color with a touch of grimy pink in it and a pearly sheen. Quite a singular color. It used to be creamy easy however no longer too dense. I used to be in a position to use this with a flat dry brush. It had just right pigmentation and used to be simple to paintings with.
7. Amethyst 141M: A medium, brilliant colourful violet with red pink flickers and a pearly end. The flickers are very minute and bind smartly to the bottom product uniformly. So, it nearly seems as a duo-chrome shift moderately than sparkle interspersed throughout the shadow. The pigmentation is respectable however no longer as opaque in a single pass as I might have favored – making an allowance for that is the piece-de-resistance within the palette. The texture is easy and no longer very dense. And regardless of the flickers within the color, it didn’t have a lot fallout.
Eight. Magnetic 142M: It is a medium, brilliant fuchsia color with a pearly sheen. It has just right pigmentation and applies opaque in one swipe. It too has a easy texture which is straightforward to mix.
Nine. Magnolia 143Ok: This is a extremely steel color – a medium, heat coppery gold color. It has superb pigmentation and is easy on software. But after I contact this with palms, I believe the color to be extra loosely packed within the palette. The shadow could be very very cushy. In reality, the primary palette I ordered, this shadow got here damaged in transit.
10. Nude Mauve 144CM: This is medium, muted grimy mauve color. The color looks as if a fab toned brown within the pan. But at the software, you’ll see the mauve coming thru and the color appears to be like a bit of heat. Like the opposite mattes within the palette, this too is terribly finely milled and velvety easy. Natasha Denona has truly increased the feel of her matte sunglasses to a complete new stage.
11. Juneau 145S: This is a gentle, fairly red toned silver with a frosted steel sheen. This carried out higher with fingertips than with a dry brush. Alternatively, you want to observe it rainy. The texture is easy and simply blendable.
12. Livid 146DC: It is a medium duo-chrome color. It has a grimy plum base color with a violet duochrome shift and ever so nice turquoise blue micro glitter debris. I in finding it so distinctive. This isn’t the color which sticks out to start with look within the palette however is for sure one of the most sunglasses I used to be maximum excited to take a look at out. It has a creamy texture and just right pigmentation.
13. Purpure 147M: This is a reddish pink color with a coppery gold steel sheen. The color isn’t dense however nonetheless, it applies higher with fingertips and/or with a rainy brush moderately than with a flat dry brush.
14. Dragon Bite 148DC: This is once more a singular color. It looks as if a grimy olive inexperienced gold within the pan. When you shift the perspective of the palette, the color appears to be like extra reddish pink than outdated gold olive inexperienced. It is a duochrome color. It is a medium reddish plum color with an outdated gold to grimy olive inexperienced steel shift. It is once more, very very lovely color. However, it isn’t as opaque as it sort of feels within the pan or as opaque as one would wish it to be. The base color is going on a lot lighter than it appears to be like within the pan. I did attempt to use it with my fingertips and with a rainy brush too but it surely didn’t appear to intensify the pigmentation. It does no longer really feel very easy to touch however applies lightly. Seen within the direct mild, if the perspective isn’t proper, the color will glance rather mundane – like a gentle shiny bruised plum glance. When the perspective adjustments and you notice the gold and olive inexperienced, it does glance very lovely. I’ve used it within the Look 2 within the interior 1/third of my lid.
15. Helio 149M: Last color within the palette – this can be a mild heat red color with a cushy golden steel sheen. This one had just right pigmentation, carried out lightly and had a easy buttery texture.
Texture: I’ve mentioned the feel in brief whilst speaking concerning the person sunglasses. The mattes on this palette are remarkable! An enormous trade from the mattes in her earlier Five-pan palettes – which I had discovered to be rather dusty. These mattes right here had been amazingly easy, creamy (with out being dense) and really easy to use and easy to mix out. Absolutely unbelievable! Most of the shimmer sunglasses had been simple to paintings with – whether or not with a dry or rainy brush or with fingertips. I believe the difference in software way was a deal-breaker for folks at one time. But now individuals are so open to experimenting that they don’t thoughts the difference in software taste. However, should you aren’t ok with making use of any shadow with fingertips or rainy, I counsel you cross this as you’ll no longer revel in it to its complete capability. The shimmer sunglasses – be it steel or duo chrome – aren’t dense and don’t intensify the feel at the lids – which is some other factor I used to stand with Natasha Denona’s shadows in her Five-pan palettes.
Pigmentation: Pigmentation for many sunglasses of the sunglasses is just right and the build-up in addition to mix out simply. The sunglasses mix smartly and mesh smartly with the opposite eyeshadows with out getting muddy. I used to be the usage of the Tarte Tartelette Toasted shadows which mix with a bit effort. But when I used to be experimenting with this palette, it actually drove house how smartly those combined out as in comparison to the Tarte palette. It is one of these breeze to create a glance. You don’t wish to spend a lot time to your software to seem easy and seamlessly combined.
Staying Power: Disclaimer – I observe eyeshadows with a primer as a result of my lids are means too oily. These shadows lasted a just right Eight-Nine hours with primer. Without primer, my eyelids flip the whole lot to mush.
A snappy take a look at the EOTDs created:
Look 1: This is all concerning the Violet! I couldn’t assist however dig into that color, the instant I were given began with the palette.
Look 2: This is a hotter glance created with the similar palette.
Please, do be aware that I’ve used no different palette or outdoor color whilst developing both of those appears to be like.
Pros of Natasha Denona LILA Palette:
- A stupendous array of most commonly cool toned sunglasses – a large variation of purples.
- Numerous textures to create a plethora of appears to be like.
- Most sunglasses had respectable to just right pigmentation and had been simple to increase.
- Smooth, creamy texture – mattes are par excellence.
- Good put on time (with primer).
- Not creasing (over a primer).
- Does no longer switch.
- The colours mix simply and mesh rather well in combination – with out getting muddy.
- Did no longer aggravate my eyes.
- Gorgeous luxe packaging.
Cons of Natasha Denona LILA Palette:
- It isn’t truly a cohesive standalone palette – if that’s what you’re in search of.
- Not travel-friendly. I might no longer recommendation you to journey with this palette. There is a top chance of the shadows to damage since they’re so cushy, particularly the chroma crystal sunglasses.
Would I Recommend Natasha Denona LILA Palette?
Yes, whole-heartedly!! I will’t wait to pair it with the Sunset palette and create some extra appears to be like.
Despite my preliminary apprehensions, I’m so satisfied I picked this palette. I like my purples. And even supposing the palette appears to be like handiest part pink within the footage, I don’t suppose footage do it justice. The palette has such a lot of superb distinctive sunglasses and such gorgeous, distinctive diversifications of pink – it’s completely surprising. An attractive quantity of labor has long past into developing those sunglasses and getting the textures proper. And you notice that provided that you get started taking part in with the sunglasses on this palette.
Is it essential? Do you completely NEED this? Again, as I discussed in my evaluation of the Natasha Denona Sunset Palette, I will be able to by no means say that you simply NEED a $129 palette. But when you’ve got the finances and you like purples, you’ll for sure benefit from the palette.
One final thing, I might no longer suggest this palette to newcomers or any person new to the eyeshadow sport. Why? One, as a result of like I mentioned – it isn’t a cohesive palette. It might want some other matte palette in a supporting function. Also, the entire array of sunglasses might appear overwhelming to any person new to eyeshadows.
Natasha Denona Blush Duo #19 Strawberry Cheeks Palette
Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palette Five – Palette 2
Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palette Five – Palette four
Natasha Denona Foundation X
Sugar Cosmetics Blend The Rules Eyeshadow Palette 01 Vogue, 02 FireWork
Natio Natural Shades Eyeshadow Palette Rosebud
Morphe X Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette
Colorbar Hook Me Up Eyeshadow Palette
Huda Beauty Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette Smokey
Kiko Milano Eyeshadow Palette 01 Earth Song
zero out of
Five in accordance with