Another day, some other eyeshadow palette evaluation! Todayâ€™s evaluation is on some other extraordinarily hyped-up attractiveness product â€“ most definitely one of the puffed up this yr â€“ the Sunset Palette from Natasha Denona!!Â Whenever Natasha Denona releases a palette â€“ the sweetness international comes abuzz with discussions on pricing, high quality, entitlement, and so forth. In my opinion (whoever has watched the Good Wife â€“ please lift your palms!!), there are Three number one issues:
The worth level of her merchandise is typically within the â€œluxuryâ€ bracket â€“ or so it’s perceived. However, in case you in point of fact get right down to it â€“ the pricing of her eyeshadow palettes isnâ€™t in truth within the luxurious class in any respect. The palette is priced at $129 ++ , so letâ€™s say $140 (give or take) with taxes. It has 15 shadows of two.Five gm each and every â€“ so they have got now not skimped at the quantity of product so far as each and every shadow is worried. At this worth, it’s about lower than $10 bucks an eyeshadow, which is what mid-priced manufacturers price. Take a Tom Ford eyeshadow palette â€“ you pay $80 plus tax for four eyeshadows!!
Most palettes available in the market, from established manufacturers, was within the $40-ish vary. Yes, as of late, that worth level appears to be going upper â€“ within the $60-ish vary. Especially, with some more recent Indie manufacturers launching on the $40 worth level. Nevertheless, the fee level for a established emblemâ€™s eyeshadow palette could be across the $40-60 mark. While, the Natasha Denona eyeshadow palettes had been within the $100+ vary, some much more than $200!!! While those is also catering to professional MUAs, they depart the easy client jarred simply taking into account shelling that roughly cash for make-up!! and understandably so! One has extra vital issues to pay for than a $200-eyeshadow palette. The 3rd explanation why, and I think an important of all of them, is the perceived feeling of entitlement â€“ particularly when tied up with level 1 and a pair of. What do I imply? In my opinion, what reasons dissonance for the overall client isnâ€™t simply the pricing of the product however who’s pricing it that manner. Meaning, if Tom Ford got here up with a Eight-10 eyeshadow quad, he wouldnâ€™t worth it under $150. Look at his Winter Soleil palettes from remaining yr â€“ $159 plus tax for a palette of four eyeshadows, 1 blush, 1 highlighter! However, with regards to Tom Ford, nobody will bat an eyelid at that worth level as itâ€™s Tom Ford â€“ a longtime luxurious emblem and folks know the emblem. However, sadly for Natasha Denona, the traditional client hasnâ€™t heard of her and arenâ€™t ready to spot along with her, which leaves the buyer questioning â€“ who is that this one that thinks herself to be so entitled to rate X quantity for her product?
So, let me come up with a snappy temporary about Natasha Denona â€“ ahead of we get into the product itself. Natasha is in truth a professional make-up artist herself. It is more or less humorous how we all know all in regards to the â€œself-proclaimedâ€ Makeup Gurus, the â€œself-proclaimed celebrityâ€ make-up artists and feature by no means heard of one of the vital exact actual make-up artists as a result of they arenâ€™t in point of fact pushing their faces on Instagram and YouTube. Well, Natasha Denona has been a qualified make-up artist except for being a educated skilled dancer and a type. She had an especially a success profession as a qualified dancer and as a type. Post getting pregnant along with her first kid (at 25), she modified her center of attention from the former careers to make-up artistry, which until thenÂ used to be a keenness for her however now not a profession selection. She has labored on a variety of campaigns and covers for main manufacturers and magazines. In 2002 and 2006, Natasha used to be elected Makeup Artist of the Year within the Oscars of the Israeli Fashion World. She has her personal Makeup Academy in Israel (the place she is based totally at). I suppose, it comes as no wonder that being such an integral a part of the sweetness and type trade â€“ she additionally began her make-up line. So, wile her identify is new to lots of the client base, she may be very widely known and revered within the attractiveness group. To know extra about her lifestyles, be at liberty to head via her biography on her web page. Okay, time to speak about the palette in query.
Paint your eyes with the wealthy, heat hues of a summer season sundown with this restricted version palette. An eyeshadow palette with 15 sunglasses in Natasha Denonaâ€™s signature matte, duo chrome, metal, and chroma crystal finishes.Â Inspired through the colours of the sundown, this palette options 15 beautiful eyeshadow sunglasses in a mix of heat brown tones, burnt oranges, reds, golds, bronzes, and yellows. It comprises all 4 of Natasha Denonaâ€™s vintage formulation in her signature chroma crystal, matte, and metal finishes.
This palette accommodates:
â€“ 15 x zero.08 oz./ 2.Five g Eyeshadow in Atmosphere (metal rose bronze), Morgana (duo chrome pink with gold), Mandarine (duo chrome mandarin with gold), Ice Gold (chroma sheer cream with gold sparkle), Bronzage (chroma crystal mild copper), Aubade (chroma crystal heat gold), Sundazed (chroma crystal gold), Bermuda (matte pastel peachy nude), Panjin (matte pink), Igneous (matte deep brown), Sol (matte heat yellow), Terra (matte terracotta), Horizon (matte heat orange), Vulcano (matte darkish brown with mauve), Sinai (matte burnt terracotta).
Igneous, Vulcano, Bermuda, Sol:
Mica, Zea Mays Starch [Zea Mays (Corn) Starch], Silica, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Stearyl Stearate, Cera Alba [Beeswax], Methicone, Microcristallina Cera [Microcristallina Wax], Behenic Acid. May Contain +/-: Ci 77891 [Titanium Dioxide], Ci 77499 [Iron Oxides], Ci 77492 [Iron Oxides], Ci 77491 [Iron Oxides], Ci 77742 [Manganese Violet], Ci 19140 [Yellow 5], Ci 77742 [Manganese Violet], Ci 77288 [Chromium Oxide Greens].
Horizon, Sinai, Ice Gold, Panjin, Terra:
Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide. May Contain +/- Ci 77491 [Iron Oxides], Ci 77492 [Iron Oxides], Ci 77891 [Titanium Dioxide], Ci 75470 [Carmine], Ci 16035 [Red 40], Ci 77499 [Iron Oxides], Ci 19140 [Yellow 5].
Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Tin Oxide. May Contain +/-:Ci 77491 [Iron Oxides], Ci 77891 [Titanium Dioxide], Ci 77499 [Iron Oxides], Ci 75470 [Carmine].
Bronzage, Sundazed, Mandarine, Aubade, Morgana:
Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Acacia Decurrens/Jojoba/Sunflower Seed Cera/Polyglyceryl-Three Esters [Acacia Decurrens/Jojoba/Sunflower Seed Waxpolyglyceryl-3 Esters], Quartz, Tin Oxide. May Contain +/-: Ci 77891 [Titanium Dioxide], Ci 77491 [Iron Oxides], Ci 19140 [Yellow 5], Ci 16035 [Red 40], Ci 75470 [Carmine].
USD 129 plus taxes.
My Experience with Natasha Denona Sunset Eyeshadow Palette:
The palette comes packaged in a white cardboard external â€“ similar to her Five-pan palettes. The field has the entire knowledge concerning the names of the shadows and the elements. The field itself is lacklustre. Coming to the palette itself â€“ this can be a mixture of plastic and rubberised foam with an orange golden fake leather-based external which has the emblem identify and palette identify embossed on it. While the outer packaging turns out robust sufficient, I’d now not counsel travelling with it since the shadows themselves are extraordinarily cushy. I must know as a result of my first palette got here damaged in transit. The palette has a magnetic closure which is way liked. It has a decent-sized excellent high quality reflect. The shadows and the reflect are separated through a plastic sheath which has the entire coloration names and codes discussed don it. The sheath is hooked up to the palette however can simply be torn away if you’re so prone â€“ coz the hooked up portion is perforated.
Just a little of historical past in regards to the palette â€“ it used to be introduced within the first quarter of the yr as a restricted version product and launched on Beautylish. As I’ve discussed whilst reviewing Colourpopâ€™s Yes Please palette, in an try to give a boost to carrier, Beautylish jumped the gun and launched it a few hours previous to its scheduled time. This became out to be counter productive as a result of maximum shoppers considered making themselves to be had on the internet handiest on the scheduled time, through when the palette used to be lengthy bought out!! Needless to mention, folks went berserk! Moi incorporated. Basically, there have been extra consumers than the selection of palettes with Beautylish. Why? Maybe Beautylish had ordered a lesser selection of palettes this time since Natashaâ€™s earlier palettes have had blended evaluations or it may well be that Beautylish didn’t foresee this prime a requirement taking into account the fee level of over $100. Or possibly the sweetness international used to be nonetheless simply besotted with those hotter sunglasses and may now not have sufficient. The promote out at Beautylish used to be adopted through promote out at Natashaâ€™s personal website. The palette introduced in Sephora a couple of days later and used to be once more bought out somewhat briefly â€“ although now not as briefly as from Beautylish â€“ which may well be because of the three EMI type-payment possibility Beautylsih supplies and letâ€™s face it, $129 is huge to swallow at one cross. Sephora stored replenishing inventory in smaller batches and it stored promoting out. Bottomline, there used to be an enormous furore and quite a lot of backlash for Beautylish. Finally,two issues took place. Beautylish controlled to pay money for extra palettes and engaged with all their irate shoppers and presented to carry a work for them except for making the product to be had on their website, which used to be superb â€œcustomer retentionâ€ through them. The 2d factor which took place used to be that Natasha noticed the chance and made up our minds to make the palette everlasting. However, the following batch continues to be beneath manufacturing and can be to be had on October 24th. And because of this this evaluation had to be up ahead of October 24th.
As consistent with the emblem , the eyeshadows within the palette have the next finishes: Matte,Â Metallic, Duochrome, Chroma. The emblem has specified the best software means for each and every texture â€“ it’s discussed within the product main points. Let us talk about the sunglasses in my opinion. I’ve swatched them row-wise, so will talk about them accordingly.
- ATMOSPHERE 120M â€“ The first coloration within the palette described as â€œmetallic rose bronze.â€ It is a metal medium peachy bronze with reddish brown heat undertones and a pearly sheen. The texture is so unbelievably easy and it’s so pigmented with out being thick or crumbly.
- SINAI 121CM â€“ Described as â€œmatte burnt terracotta.â€ This is a creamy matte coloration and it isnâ€™t a comic story when it is known as â€œcreamyâ€ matte as a result of this is precisely what the feel is â€“ easy, creamy and simply blendable. The coloration itself is a medium sunburnt terracotta orange with heat brown undertones.
- ICE GOLD 22Okay â€“ Described through the emblem as a â€œchroma sheer cream with gold sparkle.â€ This is the chroma end shadow â€“ this can be a creamy metal white coloration with the minutest specks of gold.
- MANDARINE 123DC â€“ This has been described as â€œduo chrome mandarin with gold.â€ This is a medium orange coloration with a gold shift. The coloration is vibrant and colourful. Definitely one of the most â€œITâ€ sunglasses from the palette. In phrases of texture, it appeared extra loosely pressed than the opposite sunglasses, however the pigmentation is bang-on!! However, its a type of sunglasses which is able to paintings higher when gently pressed with a finger tip or a flat artificial brush (even a rainy brush).
- BRONZAGE 124Okay â€“ Another Chroma coloration. Described as â€œchroma crystal light copper.â€ It is a gorgeous medium copper coloration with heat undertone and a metal sheen. Such a easy, pigmented coloration. Very simple to paintings with and mix out.
- VULCANO 125CM â€“ Described through the emblem as a â€œmatte dark brown with mauve.â€ I donâ€™t see the mauve within the coloration. To me, it seems like a deep heat dark-chocolate brown with heat reddish undertone. The texture is fantastic easy and the pigmentation is off the charts.
- AUBADE 126Okay â€“ Another chroma coloration. Described as â€œchroma crystal warm gold.â€ This is a gentle to medium heat coppery gold â€“ now not a yellow gold. In the pan, it appears to be like coppery with a pronounced reddish shift. In software, the reddish shift turns into extra muted â€“ so it seems like a gentle copper gold with slight pink shift â€“ quite than a complete on copper coloration. This is extra glittery coloration â€“ with advantageous micro glitter debris. The wonderful thing about the coloration lies in the truth that the micro glitter is so advantageous and so smartly dispersed. The coloration is creamy and dense sufficient that the micro glitter binds smartly and applies lightly with out developing fall out. However, it isnâ€™t so dense that there would issue in transference of product to the comb or the lid. Nor is it so dense that it will intensify texture at the lids (which is typically a motive of outrage for my aging lids).
- HORIZON 127CM â€“ This is some other creamy matte coloration. Described through the emblem as a â€œmatte warm orangeâ€ â€“ it’s precisely that â€“ a medium heat matte orange coloration. The texture of this matte coloration appeared relatively much less creamy or even the pigmentation wasnâ€™t at par with Sinai or Vulcano. However, it used to be simply buildable. I’m really not positive if the pigmentation has been stored decrease through design since the coloration works smartly as a transition coloration and because the pigmentation is build-able, that makes it simple to make use of it as a transition coloration.
- SUNDAZED 128Okay â€“ Described as â€œchroma crystal goldâ€ â€“ this can be a medium sparkly yellow gold coloration with distinct heat undertones. This once more feels loosely pressed within the pan and has a chunkier really feel. It is tricky to use this coloration even with a flat artificial brush â€“ except you utilize it damp. The handiest option to get the depth of this coloration in your eyes is to use it along with your finger pointers â€“ ideally on a glitter glue. For me, it restricts the usage of the shadow handiest to create a halo impact. Because with hands, I’m not able to get any quantity of precision to the applying.
- TERRA 129CM â€“ Described as a matte terracotta, thisÂ coloration is a medium to darkish heat terracotta brown coloration with a creamy end. The texture of this one is continuous with Sinai and Vulcano. It is an absolute dream to paintings with â€“ easy, creamy, pigmented â€“ really easy to mix out.
- BERMUDA 130CM â€“ This is my aberration color within the see of heat oranges, coppers and browns. Described as â€œmatte pastel peachy n*deâ€ â€“ this can be a mild to medium, pastel pinky peach with heat undertones. It is likely one of the sunglasses which make the palette extra flexible whilst now not being jarring to the aesthetics of the remainder of the palette. This too has the gorgeous creamy matte texture that Iâ€™m coming to like on this Natasha Denona palette.
- MORGANA 131DC â€“ Described as â€œduo chrome red with gold.â€ This is this sort of shocking coloration. It is a medium shimmery metal coral pink with a pronounced peachy gold â€“ nearly copper â€“ shift! This is THE color for Indian brides!! This coloration is likely one of the highlights of this palette â€“ it’s so completely stunning. Texture is creamy easy bendable and tremendous pigmented.
- PANJIN 132CM â€“ Another creamy matte coloration described as a matte pink coloration. This is a medium to darkish pink with slight heat undertone. It didnâ€™t appear as creamy as maximum different mattes within the palette however that didn’t have an effect on the applying. Matte reds generally is a tough to supply. This coloration itself used to be simple to paintings with â€“ building up or mix out.
- IGNEOUS 133CM â€“ The darkest coloration within the palette. Described as â€œmatte deep brown.â€ The coloration is a deep matte brown with nearly impartial undertones. The texture is improbable â€“ actually creamy matte â€“ relatively just like the coloration Vulcano and Bermuda, really easy to paintings with.
- SOL 134CM â€“ Last coloration within the palette, described as â€œmatte warm yellowâ€ is a medium vibrant yellow with heat undertones. This too is a creamy matte colorationÂ and the feel is consistent with lots of the sunglasses within the palette however the pigmentation used to be extra buildable.
So total, a distinctly heat palette with a slew of textures which lets you create quite a lot of entire appears to be like. I really like the truth that the palette is matte heavy. I in finding matte sunglasses extra to my liking â€“ which will also be amped up with somewhat of shimmer/duo chrome/and so forth. This palette has:
Eight Matte sunglasses
1 Metallic coloration
2 Duo Chrome
four Chroma sunglasses â€“ out of which 1 is extra easy and creamy, whilst the remainder being Chroma Crystal are extra like pressed advantageous pigment.
Texture:Â Â I’ve mentioned the feel in short whilst speaking in regards to the particular person sunglasses. Apart from the Crystal Chroma sunglasses, maximum different sunglasses are extraordinarily simple to paintings with. The Crystal Chroma sunglasses are extra in step with the present development of pressed micro glitter within the eyeshadow palettes. The Chroma Crystal sunglasses paintings higher with hands or damp brush or over a glitter glue. The metal and duo chrome are all gorgeously easy and simple to use. In comparability to the feel of the metal sunglasses in her current Five-pan palettes, I discovered the present sunglasses to be an unlimited growth. They weren’t as dense and didn’t intensify the feel of my lids, which used to be a motive of outrage for me with the former components. The mattes â€“ maximum of them â€“ on this palette are exceptional!!!! An unlimited growth to the mattes in her earlier Five-pan palettes â€“ which i had discovered to be relatively dusty. These mattes had been amazingly easy, creamy (with out being dense) â€“ really easy to use and paintings with. Absolutely dreamy.
Pigmentation: Pigmentation is spot on for lots of the sunglasses with the exception of Horizon, Panjim and Sol that have been a tad extra buildable. However, please be aware that I’m evaluating those sunglasses to the opposite extra special sunglasses within the palette â€“ and now not in opposition to say a Too Faced shadow or Urban Decay shadow or that from theBalm. That could be no comparability in any respect! The sunglasses mix smartly and mesh smartly with the opposite eyeshadows with out getting muddy.
Staying Power:Â Â Disclaimer â€“ I observe my eyeshadows with a primer as a result of my lids are manner too oily. These shadows put on the entire day!! Maximum I’ve attempted is ready 10 hours and there used to be ever the slightest fading! You can just about observe those and omit them for the remainder of the day. The Chroma Crystals would paintings smartly with a glitter glue base â€“ else they’re going to lead to fall out â€“ all over the process the day.
Now a snappy have a look at the #EOTDs created with it:
- Look 1 â€“ This is clearly the â€œsunset on my eyesâ€ glance. It presentations the vividness, the intensity and wonderful thing about the shadows.
- Look 2: This used to be a aware effort on my phase now to make use of the oranges and coppers and golds within the palette and nonetheless percentage a wearable glance with you.
- You can clearly create an entire matte glance too from the palette. It means that you can create glance from day to nighttime â€“ very easily.
Pros ofÂ Natasha Denona Sunset Eyeshadow Palette:
- A stupendous array of heat sunglasses.
- Quite a few textures so to create a couple of entire appears to be like.
- Super pigmented.
- Extremely easy, creamy texture.
- Zero fallout â€“ with the exception of chroma crystal sunglasses.
- Long dressed in.
- No creasing.
- Does now not switch.
- The colors mix simply and mesh rather well in combination â€“ with out getting muddy.
- Did now not aggravate my eyes.
- Gorgeous packaging.
Cons of Natasha Denona Sunset Eyeshadow Palette:
- Not go back and forth pleasant. I’d now not recommendation you to go back and forth with this palette. There is a prime likelihood of the shadows to wreck since they’re so cushy, particularly the chroma crystal sunglasses.
Bottomline â€“ Do I Recommend? Do you wish to have this palette?
The palette is really shocking â€“ each on the subject of the number of sunglasses and the standard of product. The smoothness of the mattes is amazing and the duochromes and metallics are electrifying. While the Chroma Crystals want somewhat of effort â€“ they do produce outstanding effects. So, sure, I do counsel the palette wholeheartedly.
However, I will be able to now not say that you simply NEED it. No! No one NEEDS a $129 palette of their lifestyles. It isn’t an crucial merchandise, however in case you like luxurious product and feature the finances to spare for it â€“ you are going to now not remorseful about purchasing it.
Lastly, addressing the query about consistent comparability with Yes Please Palette. Are they dupes? I’ve mentioned this side intimately whilst reviewing the Colourpop Yes Please palette. My definition of dupes is one thing which is similar now not simply in color but in addition glance, really feel, texture and high quality. So, no, Colourpop Yes Please palette isn’t a dupe in that side. While Colourpop palette is superb high quality at an important worth level, it can not dupe the feel and really feel of the Natasha Denona shadows. I doubt if any shadow comes shut. However, if the query of dupes refers to with the ability to create identical appears to be like â€“ sure, you’ll be able to do this with the Colourpop palette. Also, despite the fact that numerous sunglasses glance identical between the 2 palettes â€“ the intensity and high quality of shimmer; or the natural creaminess of the mattes within the Natasha Denona palette are incomparable! To provide an explanation for with an instance â€“ consider a Tiramisu made at a advantageous eating Italian eating place in India. It is astounding and pleasant. Half the elements â€“ together with the cream â€“ could be imported from Italy. The chef will make it some degree to get the flavours excellent. Would or not it’s fab â€“ no doubt so; alternatively, it’s under no circumstances similar to a Tiramisu made through a circle of relatives at house in say, Florence or Rome! The style, the feel, the texture is hugely other and a ways, a ways awesome. Similar elements, they’re each Tiramisu â€“ and excellent ones at that! But, it’s not duplicable and now not similar!! Know what I imply?
Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palette Five â€“ Palette 2
Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palette Five â€“ Palette four
Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palette Five â€“ Palette #6
Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palette Five â€“ Palette #11
Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palette Five â€“ Palette #10
Orange Pink Sunset Eye Makeup
Creative Makeup Inspired through the Sunset
Natio Natural Shades Eyeshadow Palette Rosebud
L.A. Girl EyeLux Mesmerizing Eyeshadow Palette Eternalize
zero out of
Five in accordance with